Lovely Lara nominated me for a little blog award, which means I have some questions to answer (why do these things always have weird numbers? Eleven? Really??!). Anyway, here's the eleven questions that Lara set and my answers.
1. If you have a middle name, what is it? I don't have one! They weren't in vogue in my family.
2. What is your first memory of a sporting achievement? My first swimming gala in my first year at Grammar School. I was the last tag in the freestyle relay and we won!
3. Cat person or dog person? Cat. One of my neighbours has a cat and I think of him as almost my own as I see him everyday. He doesn't wear a collar, so I don't know what his owner calls him, but I call him Smithy. He answers to it, so I think he likes it.
4. Diamonds or Pearls? I do like pearls as they look so vintage, but diamonds seem to look great with anything.
5. If you could support only one charity which would it be and why? Impossible, there are too many charities out there that I'd like to raise money for. This year when I run the Bupa London 10K, I'll be doing it for the Alzheimer's Society.
6. What is your favourite colour to wear whilst working out? Black/White, like this combo that I wore on my last run, gotta love a Red Nose Day tshirt!
7. What are you missing the most …. RIGHT NOW? Some of my really good friends who live far away, I wish I could spend more time with them than I/we seem to manage!
8. Who snores the most/loudest in your house? 'im indoors. I tend to only snore when I've got a cold or have had a little too much alcohol.
9. Have you ever donated blood? No. I don't even know what my blood type is, I must ask my nurse next time I go see her. For a long time I wasn't able to donate due to a low white blood cell count, but I'm probably okay to look into donation by now. GOOD REMINDER!
10. Cleaning, cooking & ironing … love it or hate it? Cleaning I don't mind, cooking I love, ironing is a dirty word as far as I'm concerned. I don't even know where my iron is and I've lived in this house for 6 years ...
11. Do you own home exercise DVDs? If so … how many? (go on count them, I’ll wait ;-)) I have 9; all dancing, Davina or Jillian Michaels. Oh, there's a yoga dvd in there too. I don't have the room in the house to use them any more but I love them!
I'm not a big fan of asking people to complete these things, so I won't be asking anyone else to answer any questions but I will play the game and give you some random facts about me; if nothing else just to give my new readers a little insight into who I am.
~*~ I love it when somewhere has twinkly lights up and it's not Christmas.
~*~ I love eating food with my hands, and I love it when other people play along and do too.
~*~ I love laying the wrong way around on a bed, as in feet on pillows, it feels so wrong and yet so right!
~*~ My favourite word is Superfluous.
~*~ I'd quit so many things in life, but I'd never quit chocolate, like, EVER.
~*~ I've never learned to, and therefore cannot drive.
~*~ I can't whistle any more since I got my teeth straightened in 2010.
~*~ I wish I'd been more motivated by science subjects at school. If I had been, I'm convinced I'd be doing something medical for my career now.
~*~ I love spreadsheets and organise all my monthly finances on them, I'm a total geek.
~*~ I'd love to learn to speak Italian.
~*~ I'd love to write a book - a cookbook, that is. I've got a great idea for one that at some point I'd like to be brave enough to pitch.